It’s time for Multiracial Heritage Week 2016!
Last year we had a quarter of state’s issue proclamations and this year we are hoping for at least half of all states. Please join this important initiative and advocate for your state with us. Follow the instructions below.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- You must be a resident of the state.
- Please contact people in your state and other states to obtain proclamations.
- Multiracial Heritage Week (MHW) is June 7 to June 14, 2016.
- Proclamations must be received by Project RACE by JUNE 1.
- Most states require a one month lead time to issue a proclamation.
- Download the MHW Proclamation 2016 wording by clicking here.
- Go to this link at the Project RACE site and determine if your state was one of our states in 2014 or 2015.
- Go to this sample letter if your state has issued a proclamation in past years.
- Go to this sample letter if your state has not issued a proclamation in past years.
- If you prefer, you can draft your own letter to the Governor.
- Go to the National Governor Association’s site by clicking here and get the phone number for the Governor’s office and a link to the Governor’s website, where you may find an email address. You will want to contact the person who handles proclamations for the Governor’s office.
- Don’t forget to attach the MHW Proclamation 2016 wording in your email! You may also want to include a link to our flyer (click here) with your letter.
- Send your letter!
If you have been contacted about the proclamation, please let us know at this link. If you have received a proclamation, send the original or a good color copy to:
P.O. Box 2366
Los Banos, CA 93635
You can contact us anytime at email@example.com with questions and/or comments.
Thank you for taking the time to follow-up and be a part of Multiracial Heritage Week from June 7th to 14th. Let’s make MHW16 our best year yet!